NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. THIS AAHOA ANNUAL HOTELIER MEMBERSHIP RENEWAL SWEEPSTAKES (“SWEEPSTAKES”) IS INTENDED FOR PLAY IN THE UNITED STATES ONLY AND WILL BE GOVERNED BY U.S. LAW. PROMOTION SUBJECT TO ALL FEDERAL, STATE, AND LOCAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS. DO NOT ENTER IF YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE AND LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES AT THE TIME OF ENTRY.
BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, YOU AGREE TO ABIDE BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES, WHICH GOVERN YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, AND TO RECEIVE MARKETING MATERIALS FROM THE ASIAN AMERICAN HOTEL OWNERS ASSOCIATION, INC. (“SPONSOR”). YOU ALSO REPRESENT THAT YOU MEET THE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS BELOW.
The Sweepstakes is sponsored by Asian American Hotel Owners Association, Inc., located at 1100 Abernathy Road, Suite 725, Atlanta, Georgia 30328 (Sponsor). The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law, or where bonding, registration, or other requirements have not been met. Decisions of Sponsor are final and binding with respect to all matters relating to the Sweepstakes.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open to individuals legally residing in the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia, aged 18 or over, who meet their jurisdiction minimum age requirement and: (a) renew his or her annual hotelier membership with AAHOA between February 15, 2022, at 12:00 AM EDT and March 15, 2022, at 11:59 PM EDT; (b) be the spouse listed on the account of an AAHOA member who is renewing his or her annual hotelier membership with AAHOA between February 15, 2022, at 12:00 AM EDT and March 15, 2022, at 11:59 PM EDT or (c) who enter using the free mail-in entry option described in Section 2(iii) below. Winner may be required to furnish proof of identity, address, and age to receive a prize.
2. HOW TO ENTER: The AAHOA Annual Hotelier Membership Renewal Sweepstakes begins February 15, 2022, at 12:00 AM EDT and ends on March 15, 2022 at 11:59 PM EDT (“the Promotion Period”). Entries received prior to or following the Promotion Period will be disqualified. The Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
(i) Renew an annual hotelier membership with AAHOA via online MyAAHOA.com or calling AAHOA at 404-816-5759;
(ii) Be the spouse listed on the account of an annual member who is renewing his or her hotelier membership with AAHOA via online MyAAHOA.com or calling AAHOA at 404-816-5759; OR
(iii) TO ENTER WITHOUT BECOMING AN AAHOA MEMBER: Send a 3" x 5" card with your handwritten name, address, daytime telephone number (including area code) and date of birth, mailed in an individual envelope to Asian American Hotel Owners Association, Inc., Attention: “AAHOA Annual Hotelier Membership Renewal Sweepstakes,” 1100 Abernathy Road, Suite 725, Atlanta, GA 30328. Entries must be postmarked and received by March 15, 2022. Proof of sending is not proof of delivery. Mail-in entries must be legible and completed in full to be valid. No mass or mechanically reproduced entries will be allowed. LIMIT: One (1) entry per person.
Note, Annual Members who upgrade their hotelier membership to a Lifetime Membership are not eligible for entry via steps (i) or (ii) above. AAHOA Hotelier Membership renewals are non-refundable. Vendor Memberships are not eligible for entry. Annual Members who cancel their membership during the Eligibility Period and then re-renew during the Eligibility Period are not eligible.
3. ENTRY LIMITS: Limit one entry per person. You may not use multiple means of entry.
4. PRIZE/ODDS: One Grand Prize will be awarded. The Grand Prize includes a three night hotel accommodation at the Hilton Baltimore Inner Harbor in Baltimore, Maryland, during the 2022 AAHOA Convention & Trade Show (“AAHOACON22”) and round-trip, economy class airfare to AAHOACON22. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received. This prize shall not be redeemable for cash and all decisions are final. Sponsor will book hotel accommodations and provide information to the winner. Round-trip airfare must be within the United States.
TOTAL APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (“ARV”) of the Grand Prize is Six Hundred Fifteen Dollars ($615) for the three night hotel accommodation and Five Hundred Dollars ($500) for the round-trip, economy class airfare for a Total ARV of One Thousand, One Hundred Fifteen Dollars ($1,115). The ARV represents Sponsor's good-faith determination of the approximate retail value of the prize in U.S. dollars, and may differ from the actual fair market value. The actual fair market value is determined by Sponsor, is final and binding, and may not be challenged or appealed. The ARV also represents the maximum amount for each portion of the Grand Prize the Sponsor may provide for the incentive such that the winner shall not be entitled to airfare reimbursement greater than $500.00.
There is no cash alternative for the Prize, in whole or in part. The Prize is non-transferable and non-exchangeable. No compensation, refunds, substitutions, or alternatives will be offered due to (i) a winner's inability to attend, claim, or use the Prize or (ii) AAHOACON22 event date change, event cancellation, or event shift from an in-person to a virtual event. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater monetary value for any Prize. In no event shall the Sponsor be obligated to award more prizes than the number of Prize(s) stated in these Official Rules.
If winner engages or has engaged in behavior that is obnoxious, threatening, disruptive, inappropriate, illegal, or acts with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify winner and to immediately terminate any outstanding portion of the Prize without further compensation.
5. WINNER SELECTION AND VERIFICATION: Sweepstakes drawing will be conducted on March 18, 2022, by a random computerized drawing whose decisions are final. Taxes, if any, are the responsibility of the individual winner; prizes are considered miscellaneous income and may be reportable on Form 1099-MISC. The potential prize winner may be required to complete a Liability Release, Winner’s Confirmation Form and/or a Publicity Release, except where prohibited. If required, all documents must be returned within one (1) business day of their receipt. If documents are not returned within the time period specified, that prize winner may be disqualified and an alternate potential winner may be randomly selected, if feasible in Sponsor’s sole discretion. If you are a winner, please allow 21 business days to receive confirmation of your accommodations via email. Round-trip, economy class airfare must be within the United States and in the winner’s name only. Proof of purchase and the original printed boarding pass must be provided to Sponsor after AAHOACON22 and must be submitted to Sponsor for reimbursement. Sponsor will process the reimbursement within 21 business days up to the ARV for that component only. Failure to provide the necessary documents will result in rejection of the reimbursement. Sponsor will not be responsible for any undeliverable or returned documentation, and in such case the prize will be forfeited. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any stated prize with another prize of equal or greater value. No transfer or assignment of any prize is permitted except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor.
6. PUBLICITY: By entering or accepting a prize in this Sweepstakes, the winner consents to the use of his/her name, city of residence, photographs, voice recordings and likenesses for publicity purposes without additional compensation or permission (except where prohibited by law). The winner agrees that Sponsor may share such personal information for solicitation, marketing, or other business or promotional purposes.
7. SWEEPSTAKES LIMITATION: Sponsor is not responsible for transmission defaults, computer server failure, delayed, garbled or corrupted data, technical, hardware and/or software malfunctions of any kind, or failure of any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Sweepstakes, or any human or other errors that may occur in connection with this Sweepstakes.
Sponsor may change, cancel, or adjust the dates of AAHOACON22 or shift the event from in in-person, live event to a virtual or hybrid event at its sole discretion and without notice. If applicable, the redemption period for the Grand Prize shall adjust accordingly or may be rendered moot if no such AAHOACON22 in person event proceeds.
Sponsor is not responsible for delayed, incomplete, illegible, unintelligible, misdirected, damaged, postage-due or lost entries due to technical reasons or otherwise. Sponsor is not responsible for printing or typographical errors in any Sweepstakes-related materials. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to suspend, cancel or modify the Sweepstakes, or any portion of the Sweepstakes, without notice or liability if the integrity of the Sweepstakes is compromised in any manner as determined by Sponsor, or if the Sweepstakes is not capable of being conducted as intended by the Sponsor. In such an event, Sponsor will randomly select the winner from among all eligible non-suspect entries received for each drawing prior to such action. Under no circumstances will more prizes than those set forth in these full Official Rules be awarded. If an error occurs that results in more potential winners than available prizes stated, Sponsor may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible potential prizewinners to award the number of prizes indicated. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes, or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE, INTERFERE WITH, OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND/OR CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. All entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants accept and agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the judges, which shall be final, binding and conclusive on all matters.
8. RELEASE OF LIABILITY: All entrants release Sponsor, Asian American Hotel Owners Association, Inc. and its respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, officers, directors, agents, employees, dealerships, promotion agencies and all others associated with the development and execution of this Sweepstakes (“Releasees”), from any and all liability with respect to, or in any way arising from, or in connection with participation in this Sweepstakes and/or the acceptance, possession or use of any prize that may be awarded to them, including, but not limited to, liability for personal, bodily injury, death, damages or loss of any kind. By accepting a prize, winner acknowledges and agrees that, to the extent allowed by law, Releasees have neither made, nor are in any manner responsible or liable for, any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize, including, without limitation, its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose. Entrants agree that all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, excluding attorneys’ fees and court costs. Entrants agree that all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrants’’ rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Georgia, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. By entering, entrants consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal, state and local courts located in Atlanta, Georgia.
9. WINNERS LIST: For the name of the winner, write your name and mailing address on a 3" x 5" card and mail it in an envelope to: AAHOA Annual Hotelier Membership Renewal Sweepstakes – Attn: Legal Department, 1100 Abernathy Road, Suite 725, Atlanta, Georgia 30328. All requests must be received by March 18, 2022, and will be fulfilled upon completion of the prize awards.
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAD AN OPPORTUNITY TO REVIEW THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND UNDERSTAND THEM. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT THIS IS A COMPLETE RELEASE AND DISCHARGE OF ALL CLAIMS AND RIGHTS AGAINST RELEASES.